Type Six: The Loyalist
Sixes, also called Loyalists, are committed, practical, and witty, motivated by fear and the need for security. Forever imagining worst-case scenarios and questioning their own ability to handle life, Sixes yearn for support and security above all else. They will often turn to authority figures and belief systems to find that security, which is why they function so well as the glue that holds our social systems together. Residing in the Head Triad, Sixes relate to the world through the mind and internalize their fear.
At their best, Sixes are steadfast and loyal, holding communities together with their concern for the common good. At their worst, Sixes struggle to trust both themselves and others, often causing anxiety that is problematic in relationships.
Sixes at a Glance
- Basic Desire: To be secure and connect with others for the common good
- Biggest Fear: Being insecure or without guidance
- Deadly Sin: Fear
Your wing is one of the two numbers on either side of your main type. You may lean in the direction of one of these types and pick up some of its characteristics.
- Sixes with a Five wing are introverted, intellectual, and cautious, engaging in solitary activities and protecting their privacy. Gravitating toward a defined belief system, they may also ruminate and overanalyze without taking action.
- Sixes with a Seven wing are more extroverted, animated, and adventuresome, willing to sacrifice themselves for others and take calculated risks with the safety net of a well-formed backup plan.
Stress & Security
- In Stress: Sixes take on qualities of Threes, becoming workaholics who hoard resources and project an image of having it all together in order to fend off their anxiety. They won’t try something unless they’re sure they’ll be successful.
- In Security: Sixes take on qualities of Nines, letting go of anxiety and disaster planning while trusting their gut over authority figures. Able to see life from more than one angle, they are more flexible, light-hearted, and accepting.
You’ll Know You’re a Six if You’re:
- Team Player
Content adapted from The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile.