Type Nine: The Peacemaker
Nines, also known as Peacemakers, are motivated by a need to keep the peace, merge with others, and avoid conflict. Pleasant, laid back, and accommodating, they live by a code of “ignorance is bliss” when it comes to avoiding negative feelings which might lead to confrontation with others (or acknowledging hard truths about themselves). Nines reside in the Gut Triad, yet their tendency is to forget or ignore their anger completely. This spiritual-emotional laziness manifests in falling asleep to their own priorities, opinions, and personal development.
At their best, Nines are natural mediators, seeing two sides to every story and acting out of a true desire to restore peace and harmony without controlling others. At their worst, Nines can have a hard time being sure of themselves and making tough decisions, tending to merge their agenda with others in an attempt to avoid even healthy conflict.
Nines at a Glance
- Basic Desire: To have peace of mind and bring harmony between people
- Biggest Fear: Being disconnected or having tension with others
- Deadly Sin: Sloth
Your wing is one of the two numbers on either side of your main type. You may lean in the direction of one of these types and pick up some of its characteristics.
- Nines with an Eight wing experience moments where they are able to more directly express their anger, becoming energized, confident, and outgoing. They may not act on their own behalf, but they will be more assertive in sticking up for the underdog or the common good.
- Nines with a One wing have a strong sense of right and wrong, able to stay focused and accomplish a lot, especially in peacemaking efforts and social justice causes. Principled, orderly, and steadfast, these Nines are modest leaders that people want to follow.
Stress & Security
- In Stress: Nines take on qualities of Sixes, becoming overcommitted, worried, rigid, and anxious. They may doubt themselves which makes decision-making even harder, and can become uncharacteristically reactive.
- In Security: Nines take on qualities of Threes, taking command of their lives and struggling less with inertia. More goal-oriented, decisive, and self-confident, these Nines believe their presence in the world matters.
You’ll Know You’re a Nine if You’re:
- Passive Aggressive
Content adapted from The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile.